Tuesday, August 11, 2015

When I don't feel like working out, I ___."

We do have those days when you don't feel like working out. Those days when going to the gym feels like a a heavy job. Feels like a chore more than a workout  to keep your body healthy. I used to feel so guilty but nowadays, I don't. I just let it be. So what do you do on those days? For me, here are the things that I always do 'When I don't feel like working out.' You can also comment and share with us what you do that's different.
  1. Do it anyway.  Do it anyway because this is for me.
  2. Tell myself to go for 15 minutes. If I still feel bad or unmotivated, I can quit. I have yet to quit.
  3. Ask a friend along to the workout it helps us both with accountability.
  4. Do a heavy house cleaning (vacuuming, moving furniture, scrubbing) so I have a reason to work out.
  5. Watch a Crossfit video on YouTube. It always inspires me. Then I get it done.
  6. Take a 10-minute brisk walk.
  7. Force myself anyway and feel better for it.
  8. Work out anyway…then bask in the awesomeness!
  9. Find something new to do! If you run then go for a swim or a bike ride. Maybe you are getting bored with the same routine.
  10. Complain about not feeling motivated, then go do it, since I don't like hearing myself complain.
  11. Listen to some music—something with energy that I like. It's funny how the right music can make you move even when you think you don't want to, and it usually provides a mood boost, too (which is probably why I didn't want to workout in the first place).
  12. Remind myself why I started working out and how much better I feel and feel about myself when I am done!
  13. Remind myself of one of Gods promises in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
  14. Think how good I feel after a workout! Nothing else gives me that same feeling!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment