Monday, September 7, 2015

Adventures of An African Dutchess and Dating

I never thought I would ever write this but I think after last week, I am bound to say something. I currently enjoy and live working in the bay area but dating in this part of the world is horrible. I am almost giving up but my friend Amanda keeps reminding me that I should always give people a chance. Ohh well my chances are running thing and I don't have the patience for it. 

Anyway, what prompted me to write this is that last Friday, I decided to accept an invite from this guy who asked me out. I should have asked a couple of questions but I said why not. And let's not forget this is the second time this is happening. Heck am not even going to allow a third time. 

It's customary in my opinion that when a guy asks you out, he should pay for the dinner or drink but well am living a world where the guys have been meeting lately don't want to do any of those. You ask me out, pay for the damn dinner/drink and if you cannot afford it, lets go walk along the park or rather, spend $3 on a starbucks. I am not happy spending over $60 and even more shameful is you ask me to split the bill --ARRRGGGG. What happened to men being men and treating women nicely on the first date especially if you ask me out. I would have spent my time, reading my books and binge watching Scandal or Empire without worrying about nothing and losing money on my account.

Anyway, so a couple of things. Moving forward, I will not split any check with a guy who asks me out. Secondly, before I go any date, I am going to ask the guy if we are going out as friends or you are taking me on a date because if it is a date, then you better pay for it and if it is friends, then lets go take a walk in the park, I will carry my water and not spend any cent. 

Well that's my Monday Morning Banter. What are your dating disasters?

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Why did i always imagine it wa different in America? New generation of men are reading from the same script.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neema, I'm sorry you had a bad dating experience, but your experience is fairly common in major, progressive cities. New York City is similar. The reason for it, I think, is because more and more Western women reject traditional gender roles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, and respectful of women as equals!

      Delete
  3. Hi Neema, I love this trip that you made and I would really like to replicate it. My husband and I want to do an African Safari and your trip sounds amazing. I'm thinking of starting to plan this for 2020. Can you give me an idea of what this trip would costs? Any help you could give me as I start this planning would be appreciated. You can reach me at donna.declemente@gmail.com. I've been blogging since 2007 @ Donnas Promo Talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neema, This is Donna Again. I was referring to the trip you made that was posted on the Flight Deal. This was the only way I could see getting a hold of you. Sorry for any confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Neema, You must have had a comic treacherous date. Gender roles are fast changing, don't count how many times you give a chance to date, just date because your heart goes on. To love is in the heart, and a natural phenomenon. Keep on watching out for the next frog to kiss, you shall meet Mr gentleman on your way.

    ReplyDelete