Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Most Important Lesson - Traveling Solo

Today, I wanted to share with you the most important thing I have learned as a solo female traveler. It has taught me is that anything is possible. 

It’s opened the world for me and made it a smaller and larger place all at the same time. While it’s easier than ever to cross seas and explore new continents with planes and buses and ships, there are so many experiences to be had and so many interesting people to meet. Whether you go to Barcelona or Nairobi, you are going to meet new people.

I’ve gone from blindly believing stereotypes and what I hear on the news to experiencing places and cultures firsthand, creating my own truths. And while I know there are bad people and dangerous places in the world such as the ones I shared here Tourist Destinations That are More Dangerous, being a solo female travel has turned me into an optimist that believes there are many more safe places and people with kind hearts. And I have met so many of them.

Solo travel has taught me how much more worthwhile life can be when you live it to the fullest without regrets. So wake up everyday and pack your bags and be on your way to unknown destinations. Don't wait for your friends to be able to travel with you, just go and enjoy life and trust me, you will learn lessons that you never knew existed.

I have visited cities such as Tokyo, Manilla, Bali, Barcelona, Las Vegas all alone and each and everytime, I have come and met new friends, learned so much and safe all the way.

Would you ever travel solo? If you already have, has the experience taught you any valuable lessons? Please share in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment