Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Shoes and More Shoes!


My mentor bought me this wall art that says,                    

So what is it about women and shoes and mostly me? All who know me knows what I love most besides God and traveling: SHOES!                                
Flats, heels, boots, ballets, sandals, clogs, platforms, wedges, strappy, buckled, lace-ups, peep-toes, I own and love them all.
I love shoes, desire and lust after them. I feel my heart race when I look at good shoes. When I am considering buying a new pair of shoes, I feel this exhilarating power.  And I feel a jolt of joy when I wear them the first time. For me, I always know I need a new pair of shoes even when I don’t need one and when I am shopping for a new house, apartment or place to stay, my shoes and where to keep them is a priority of the place I choose to stay. Sometimes when I think about the things I would scramble to grab if my house were on fire, I think about my shoes. And let’s not forget I buy extra insurance for my apartment just because of my shoes. BTW, did you know Nine West has a channel on Youtube called Shoe Hoarders? Check it out here
And as I know, I am not the only one woman who feels this way about shoes. Most women love their shoes. And for me, I think I own more than 300 or maybe 500 pairs of shoes.  You remember Sex and The City and Carrie’s obsession with shoes? Sex and the City gave permission for women to come out of the closet about shoes. Though I think my passion for shoes goes much deeper. A great pair of shoes instantly changes my mood for the better. Putting on high heels lengthens my shape, changes the curve of my posture, evokes an inner feeling of confidence and sexiness like putting on a smile can make us feel happy. We are suddenly, taller, thinner and shapelier. A pair of stilettos pushes that all out even further. And the higher the better! Shoes transform the way I wear a dress or a skirt.
Most women will tell you that they love their shoes because of the way they make them feel. And many women are willing to play with shoes in a way they don’t play with other parts of their wardrobe. There is not better feeling than when you find an awesome pair of shoes and knowing they are yours to keep forever. Heaven!

Shoes provide the foundation for the image that we want to broadcast to the world.  We wear them as a way to play with aspects of our identity in a less committed way than any other visible marker such as a haircut or color. We can change that message every day or more if we choose. A pair or flats of Berkenstocks shows our groundedness, pumps tell the world we are all business and high leather boots declare toughness. And black shoes, changes everything in our wardrobe because it can go with anything.
I own all types of shoes and various designers. I saved up to buy pairs of Louboutin’s and Jimmy Choo’s, because every woman has to own red bottoms but mostly, my closet is full of Aldo shoes because I love them so much. They are comfortable, their prices are not bad and I can just afford them. But then again, I can’t afford most shoes I buy and yet I continue to buy them. And you know what’s funny, when I am shopping for a dress, top or skirt jeans, I always think of which shoes to wear with it before anything else.
So why do you love shoes so much? Let’s discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment