Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Latest Wine Favorites


So today I want to talk about two of my latest wine addictions, 2013 Twelve Clones Pinot Noir and The Big Easy Syrah. 

Let’s start with 2013 Pinot Noir Twelve Clones. This wine is from Morgan Winery based out in Monterey County.  The first time I had this wine, my girlfriend had brought it for us to try it as one of her favorite pinots. Immediately, I was blown away. I love wine and granted, its one of my many hobbies but I really have mad love for excellent wines and for me, this is one of them. And I have been spreading joy with family and friends and I have ordered for 6 more bottles to stock up my collection.

This wine is drawn from their vineyards of Santa Lucia Highlands and has the perfect flavor and balanced acidity – Simply delicious! Good thing is, you can find it easily at BevMo and Safeway for about $28 - $34.
And it goes so well with chicken, grilled salmon, duck, beef or lamb so you have a variety. 

A couple of facts to note about the ratings: 

2012 vintage: 90 Points - California Grapevine 2011 vintage: 92 Points - Pinot Report 2010 vintage: 92 Points - Top 100 - Wine Spectator 2009 vintage: 90 Points - Wine Spectator 2008 vintage: Top 25 Most Popular Pinot Noirs - Wine & Spirits Restaurant

History of Acclaim

2013 vintage: 90 Points - California Grapevine
2012 vintage: 91 Points - Wine Enthusiast
2011 vintage: 92 Points - Pinot Report
2010 vintage: 92 Points - Top 100 - Wine Spectator
2009 vintage: 90 Points - Wine Spectator
2008 vintage: Top 25 Most Popular Pinot Noirs – Wine & Spirits Restaurant

The Big Easy

Wow! Wow! Big Bold Syrah is all I can be able to master to describe this wine. Am a member at Fess Parker Winery and the first time we visited, I fell in love with their wines and this one is definitely one of my favs. It is a blend of Syrah, petite sirah and Grenache.

Fess Parker is located in the Santa Ynez Valley in Santa Barbara County. This wine has been constantly rated as one of the best year after year with a rating of 90+ from Wine Advocate and Tasting Panel.

When you taste it, it gives of plenty of dark fruits, full bodied and beautifully balanced with clear aromas and flavors hence why I say it is Bold. So if you are in need of a good Syrah, definitely give Fess Parker – The Big Easy a try, trust me, you won’t be disappointed.

For more information on Morgan Pinot Noir, go to Pinot Noir and for more information on the Big Easy by Fess Parker, go to 2012 Big Easy 

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment