Saturday, June 13, 2015

How to Keep a Healthy Balanced Life

I am a person who loves to take care of herself and granted, I have days when I am just too tired to get up and go to the gym or days when I am bing eating my Favorite food in a restaurant or consuming endless bread because it is what I love but all in all, I am a woman who loves to take care of herself and her body,  reason why, your body is the temple of God.

As a woman, I have my flaws and I will never say I love me 100% because I still look at myself daily and hate some parts of me (Am learning to forgive myself every time I have bad thoughts about my body) but yes, in most cases, I love myself a lot.

I work all the time, Its what I love besides traveling, shoes and wine. But even when I travel, I have created a routine where I still get a dose of keeping a healthy balanced lifestyle.  So how do I do it you might ask?

Smoothies and Juicing 
Over the last one year, I changed my diet to reflect a healthy choice of eating. I am a green smoothie drink and it is what I have for my breakfast daily. It gives me strength to navigate the day and over the last one year, I have become so accustomed to it. I also have it as my lunch most days in the office but sometimes I change it to reflect other foods. If you want to learn more about the joys of smoothies and drinking vegetables, you can read it on my blog post here Green Smoothies.

Eating Fruits and Vegetables
Now I love anything that has sugar or bread in it - crisps, croissants etc but over the last year or so, I am trying to reduce on my sugar intake and also, eating foods high in calories. Well I will not give up cake but yes, am learning to leave without sugar and instead, am putting alot of ginger in my tea for example. But yes, for my snacks in the afternoon, you will find me either eating strawberries or banana or carrots as opposed to crisps and m&ms. 

Working Out 
It is said that real weight loss can be a commitment that becomes a job rather than an activity. Because when you work in places like I do, you have endless unhealthy eating because there is always something someone brings to the office to be eaten.  It is being adviced that you should take extra minutes in your day to eat less or to move more. So I try to move every two hours but when I move, I avoid the cafeteria. 
So try to incorporate working out into your life style. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week depending on how I feel and on Tuesdays - Thursdays where I get to work out twice - spinning in the morning and boot camp in the evening, I try to maybe go to the gym Friday and Sunday and rest on Saturday. Just set about 30-60 minutes workout.

Eat Smaller Portions and Don't Skip Meals
We all know this, eat less - this is one thing that I struggle with daily. Eating less portions. Hopefully I will get there soon.
Don't skip meals. Now that you have mentioned it, let me get my breakfast but yes, don't try to skip meals.

Finally, get enough sleep and worry less.

No comments:

Post a Comment