Sunday, June 21, 2015

Super Soul Sunday - Blessings

"I'm blessed and I thank God for every day for everything that happens for me." Lil Wayne

For this Super Soul Sunday, I wanted to share something personal about me and the blessings I have been able to receive over the last two years and how much life has changed for me.  
In June of 2013, I got a job that changed my life. I made a decision to leave New Jersey where my family and move to Seattle for a job with Amazon. It was a big career move but also a big change in my life. Seattle as we know is not an easy place to live in especially if you are me or someone who hates rain and cloudy weather. And if that's the case, then Washington is not for you.

I started my job hopeful and with a new determination. I have to say that even though it was a good career move, I was not happy. I worked more than I had in over 3 years, I was stressed out 24/7 and to make matters worse, when I slept at night, all I dreamed about was work. I was a nervous wreck and my life was passing me by. Here I am, 28 years old and not Neema. 

So things changed and I decided to take an opportunity and move to California. My mom and mentor asked me if I wanted to move back to the East Coast but I decided that it was not for me. I had always wanted to move to the bay area so when the opportunity came, I took it without thinking twice and I must confess, it has been the best decision that I have ever made.

You see, I am blessed in every way. I know I don't have everything that I want but I have all that I need. Over the last year, I have seen God work miracles one after the other. I have seen God teach me how to let go, how to be more thankful and be able to move on. How to create a life that is full of positivity and gratitude. 

In the process, I have also had some deep things to work through. Losing dear friends, being angry with my family, learning to take care of myself and also the joys of really trusting and believing in God when things look impossible. So have grown yes, and every day, I have challenges that look impossible for me but I remember how far have come and what God has done for me and I am at peace. 

Jennifer Lopez said it best, "I don't regret what I have been through. I have ups and downs, super highs and some really super lows. I have been so blessed that I could never say, 'I wish this didn't happen.'  It's part of who I am. There's nothing in my life that's so ugh.
It has been a year since I moved to the bay area. And granted, it is an expensive place but I have an amazing career which is what I love most. I am a career woman and I always say that I am not cut for marriage and family. Let me not jump the gun, if God wants me to have these two things, then I am more than happy to allow God to bring them into my life. I love what I do every day, the company that I work for is excellent and the people that I have surrounded myself with have been able to make me grow and be a better woman. I have done so much in the last few years. I am proud of myself! I am definately proud of Neema.
Have seen and done way more than I could have hoped for but it has all been God's blessing. That is why I wake up everyday with a grateful heart. Not because of anything but because I am a blessed woman.
It has been a great journey. And I only hope for nothing but the best in the next coming years. So for this Super Soul Sunday, I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you to always believe in the power of Blessings. To look up to God for all those had decisions that you have. To trust God when nothing seems impossible but to also let God do his work in your life. You might feel like things are not working for you and you are not being recognized for your good work but remember to do it 110% and once you have done it, God will make a way. And he always does. I am a living testimony.

Happy Sunday and have a blessed week.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment