Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My Go To Wine - Acronym Wine


Over the holidays, I spent a couple of days in Carmel and I ended up with 4 wine mats of which my favorite had this quote “ Drinking wine is not my habit, its my hobby.”

I love wine especially red wine. I started drinking wine after living in Italy for three months as a study abroad student. And since I moved to North California where I have access to so much wine, I have learned to enjoy the various tastings in each of the wines that I buy. At the same time, I tend to always go back to some of the wines that I love. One of them being Acronym. 
Acronym wine image form their main website

I was introduced to this wine when I lived in Seattle in 2013. I could easily get it at any of the QFC’s for less than $10. This wine is a produced in Novato, California and is a blend of Pinot Noir and Syrah. It is a dark ruby red with aromas of red berry fruit combined with hints of roasted coffee, soft vanilla and milk chocolate and more on the sweeter side. This wine is excellent with good food, fun with friends on an afternoon and off course, with sausage or cheese appetizers. My favorite was to always pair it with fish.

Accolades: 
2011 Vintage :   
GOLD - BevStar by Beverage World, 2013
GOLD (Packaging) - Los Angeles International Wine Competition, 2013
GOLD (Packaging) - "Winner of Best Wine Category" - InterBev
2012 Awards - SILVER - New World International Wine Competition, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment