Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Own Super Soul Sunday!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Welcome to our very own Super Soul Sunday – giving Oprah a run for her money. I love this show. Besides that fact that Oprah brings some of the best in the business, she has some of the most tweetable moments - advices that shape who you are as a person.

Living in the US has taught me a lot on the power of positive thinking, believing in God and creating a positive energy around me.  One of my favorite episodes aired on April 6th 2015 and featured Tim Storey: Finding Your Calling. Tim is known as ‘Pastor to the stars’ and has coached several people including Robert Downey Jr. Oprah sat down with him to discuss his latest book, ‘Comebacks & Beyond’.

I loved every moment of this episode because it not only reminded me how to find deeper meaning in my life but also how to move forward when my situation seems insurmountable. I turned 30 this year and last year at around this time, April 22nd, to be exact, I received news that forever changed me and I was at a very low point in my life. I didn't know how I was going to be able to move on or how I was going to pick up my life. I sat down, cried my heart out and then kneeled down and prayed to God.

One year later, am here, happy and fulfilled but that’s because I choose to focus on comebacks. In this episode, Tim speaks on how we can turn a setback into a comeback and how we should avoid getting stuck in ‘our story’.  We all have setbacks and when you fall down and don’t know what to do to get back up, remember not to sit on your setback and not to settle on your setback.  His advice is, “Stop, Look and Listen.” He also talks about how we have become human doings rather than human beings. We are always on the move and looking for the next best thing and his advice is, 'we need to slow down to the speed of life and if we could slow down, stop, look and listen to what God is saying to us'.

He continues to talk about how disappointments and challenges and how they make our hearts sink and as we all know, our hearts are the source of everything. Our joy, our peace, our faith, our happiness all comes from the heart and the moment we allow these disappointments to take root in our hearts, we loose our shout because of the sickness in our hearts.  His advice is, we need to find our shout! And truly, life does knock the shout out of us.

Remember, ‘when life tries to take you down to a whisper, just shout on purpose’. And it's this time when you think of all the things that are going on right in your life right now - you are alive, you have food, those are things that you can shout about. And just be grateful to God you are still here.

Don’t forget to tune in every Sunday at 11 am on OWN to catch Super Soul Sunday but also, read an except from Tim’s book, 'Comeback & Beyond' on
Oprah.com

No comments:

Post a Comment