Saturday, April 25, 2015

One Of My Favorite Books 'Produced By Faith'


Produced By Faith Cover
I never had of DeVon Franklin until one of my gals, Kerubo (thank you) asked me to get her this book  ‘Produced by Faith’. Me being me, I ordered the book on Amazon and was ready to give it to Kerubo when something told me to open and read it.

Wow, what a life changing story. DeVon is a Seventh-Day Pastor but also works in Hollywood. His book was written for the modern person who wants to be able to thrive in their work but also keep their faith. As he says, “To get where you want to go, you first have to become the person God wants you to be.”

In this book, his describes how your life is the movie filled with setbacks, victories, high points, conflicts and it uses the concept of how a movie comes into inception to release by encouraging you to be able to fight for your dreams yet not giving up on your faith. Basically, he wrote the book to have development, production and post-production with each of these chapters dealing with lows and highs that producers, actors and movie directors go through as they work on creating a high selling movie.

My favorite chapter in the book deals with how to get through your career lows.  I have been fortunate to work for some of the best companies in the world and I had moments of  ‘Development Hell’ as he refers to those career lows. I either hated my manager, the company, my manager and/or my co-workers or just being bored with my duties. Some of my career lows also came in the form of hoping for a bigger and better opportunities yet every time I missed my window or the door got shut in my face. His advice is that when we have those moments, we should be steadfast in our faith and work. Truly, I have seen my faith carry me through some of life’s most challenging hells.

 He says “If you can keep your eyes looking ahead even when the difficult times come, you will accept God’s decision to put you through the purifier of Development Hell in order to mold your ambition, integrity, and perspective. Don’t abandon what makes you who you are. Don’t give up hope. God will pull you out of Development Hell soon enough, and you will move ahead into the next scene of your life. You will be ready to make a powerful and lasting impact on the world.”

As human beings, we always forget what God has done to us. I do doubt God’s wish for me sometimes when I don’t see things as I hope for them, I try to ask where God is. This book reminds me to ‘remember’ the good things God has done for me. And don’t forget what the word of the Lord says ‘ All things works for those that love the lord” and in his due time, he will make your way.

I still have a couple of copies of this book and if anyone is interested,  let me know. I would love to share with you some of the best things have learned in this book.

Enjoy the reading!

Neema


No comments:

Post a Comment