Sunday, May 31, 2015

Super Soul Sunday - "Blessings and Thankful Jar"

I wanted to tell you something that I started doing this year around January. I started a 'Blessing and Thankful Jar'. This is a way for me to look at all the blessings and things am thankful for each day. So at the end of everyday,  mostly before I go to bed, I sit down and write what I am blessed with for that day and then I write the top 10 things am thankful to God for, for the day and put them in my blessings jar.

I have to confess that since I started this habit, I have seen so many changes in my life. I am more positive in life, I don't get annoyed easily, life is much simpler for me and I am more aware of the good things God has done for me. This habit has also taught me that each and everyday, I have something to be thankful for and even though some days are not good as the others, it is still a good day. Some days, it is all the same things, life, food, house, journey mercies, jobs etc but that's fine, reason why, I am greatful that I have all these things.

We all have alot going on in life and sometimes we might miss the good things that happen to us and instead concentrate on all the negativity. Having a thankful and blessings jar will remind you the power of positive thinking, being happy with what you have and where you are, appreciating all the things God has done for you but also, realizing that no matter what happens, it is okay. 

So today, I urge you, start a thankful/blessing jar and count your blessings daily. It will change your life.

Happy Sunday!

Neema

No comments:

Post a Comment