Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Adventures of An African Dutchess in Granada

Something interesting happened on Friday when I was in Granada and I am compelled to write about it. You see, I was on my way to Alhambra and along the way (the hill though), I met this woman who kind of made me feel compelled to listen to her. She kept coming to me and insisting so I figured why not. She is a fortune teller and cannot speak English - Go figure. So you can imagine how our conversation went. 

Anyway, she goes ahead, starts reading my palm and speaks Spanish that I don't understand but I still catch a couple of things. She tells me I should call my mom immediately. When she is done with her palm reading business and fortune telling, I give her some money offcourse. At the end of our conversation, I learn I should call my mom and not give up on love! My Spanish tutor will be so proud.  I hadn't spoken to my mom in 3 days so I start thinking how expensive it will be to call my mom since my phone is working but those international call charges will kill me. I call her anyway and sure enough - something is not right.  Seriously, you have got to be kidding me. This woman cannot be telling the truth.

Good news is, she is doing okay and bad news, she was involved in an accident and had to be rushed to emergency. You see, I don't believe in fortune tellers and palm reading business. Reason why, am a child of God and am blessed all through but when am a women in Granada out of nowhere tells me to call my mom and sure enough, something is wrong, am left speechless. Now the fun part will be my love life.

Aha! 

Then she starts talking about my love life. Thank God for the fact that I can speak little Spanish here and there. One thing I did get out of it which is amazing is that I sure will see the love of my life. I almost asked when but figured, patience and patience. Lol clearly I should trust this business more often.

At the end of the day, I love Granada. I love the tapas bars and their wines. I love how much the city has going on and the fact that at the end of the day, I walked over 10 miles, had amazing wine, met new friends from Norway and spoke to a couple of girls from Northern California studying Spanish in here.

Either way, thank you Granada for your kindness. I will not forget you and your palm reading business.

I will share with you my trip details about Granada and a couple of key points on how to navigate Your way to find the best tapas. Stay tuned.

Adios! 

No comments:

Post a Comment